AD Integration Problem Please Help
Sokol, Brian
2005-11-22 13:58:53 UTC
We only have licenses setup for our technicians but we allow end users
to submit tickets. We have the cross ref blank password and authenticate
unregistered users options turned on for NT domain authentication. This
works fine for the majority of our users. The problem is that quite a
few IDs in AD have a mixture of upper and lower case IDs. Remedy, for
whatever reason, is case sensitive on both the id and password. I am
able to overcome this for the licensed users by using the special
Authentication Login Name field in the User form but this only helps
with the licensed staff. Anyone have any suggestions?

Brian Sokol
Manager, Desktop Services
Scholastic Inc.
212-389-3822
***@Scholastic.com
<http://www.scholastic.com <http://www.scholastic.com/> >

Roger Justice
2005-11-22 14:13:03 UTC
That is a great answer however a user form is not required to allow end
users to enter new tickets.

Kaiser Norm E GS-11 96 CG/SCTA
2005-11-22 14:08:55 UTC
I had the same problem. I'm pretty sure the case sensitivity issue comes
into play in the User form only--I don't think the Active Directory cares.
So change all the usernames in the User form to all lower case letters and
that should fix the problem.

Norm

_____

Roger Justice
2005-11-22 14:10:12 UTC
Remedy is not case sensitive however if you are using Oracle it is and that
is why you are having a problem. If the users put in the proper login and
password with the proper case it will work.

Sokol, Brian
2005-11-22 14:20:08 UTC
Hi Roger,

No Oracle here only MS SQL. I was told by support that Remedy is case
sensitive with the id if you authenticate externally. We have over 8,000
users and they do not know the proper case of their IDs.

________________________________

Sokol, Brian
2005-11-22 14:18:11 UTC
Hi Norm,
These people are not in the User form. The people in the User form are
fixed. I know AD does not care but Remedy seems to care if you
authenticate against a domain.

Brian

________________________________

Estrella, Lisa
2005-11-22 14:41:18 UTC
I have an escalation running that creates/modifies user information from
the AD (non-support staff have accounts in the User form too, but they
only have Read licenses). During that process, I use the function of
$LOWER$ so that it will make the login name all lowercase. I'm not sure
how many users you have in AD, so this solution may or may not will not
work for you...

Thanks,

Lisa Estrella
Remedy Administrator
NAVTEQ
222 Merchandise Mart, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 894-7331
***@navteq.com <mailto:***@navteq.com>

________________________________

We only have licenses setup for our technicians but we allow end users
to submit tickets. We have the cross ref blank password and authenticate
unregistered users options turned on for NT domain authentication. This
works fine for the majority of our users. The problem is that quite a
few IDs in AD have a mixture of upper and lower case IDs. Remedy, for
whatever reason, is case sensitive on both the id and password. I am
able to overcome this for the licensed users by using the special
Authentication Login Name field in the User form but this only helps
with the licensed staff. Anyone have any suggestions?

Brian Sokol
Manager, Desktop Services
Scholastic Inc.
212-389-3822
***@Scholastic.com
<http://www.scholastic.com <http://www.scholastic.com/> >

______________________________This posting was submitted via the Web
interface

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

Carter Craig J Civ ARPC/SCQ
2005-11-22 14:42:45 UTC
This is true. We externally authenticate and are running MS SQL 2000 and
the user has to enter their login name as it is stored in the User form if
they have a write license and want to create/modify tickets.

Active Directory is not case-sensitive and allows them to login to Remedy
using mixed case. They will be able to access the forms okay but
create/modify saves will fail unless they entered their username as it is
stored in the User form since Remedy authenticates their write license
against the User form when attempting to save (not against Active
Directory).

We basically enter everyone in the User form in lowercase letters and tell
people they must enter their login name in all lowercase. We've only had a
few people enter their login name in mixed case and then call us when they
were unable to save and we have over 100 people using the system.

//SIGNED//

CRAIG J. CARTER

Applications Software / Systems Analysis

_____

2005-11-22 15:27:54 UTC
Any of our 8,000 users may at one time create a ticket in Remedy. I
could add them all in the user form and then copy their id from AD to be
sure it is accurate. I prefer to not have them in the user form since it
is not necessary with read only access. I know AD is not case sensitive
but Remedy is if you authenticate externally.

Sokol, Brian
2005-11-22 15:29:51 UTC
Hi Lisa,

We have over 8,000 users in AD. They are not in the User form. I am
running a similar escalation now against the User form for the support
staff. My problem is the other 8,000 users who do not have a record in
the User form.